Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wine Week Becomes Whine Week

Silver Comet Ride - Yes, I took this of 2 teammates while riding in Aero

I learned a really important lesson this past week, but it's information only for the coached vs. coaches so if you're a coach, you're going to have just roll out of my blog for this paragraph. Here's the deal. Everybody on our team does an Olympic/International distance race that works out for their schedule a couple of weeks ago - some did Rev3 Knoxville, about 5 of us did P'tree Int'l (see my race report last entry), some did Lake Oconee Oly. We have the next week off. When I say off, I mean O-F-F. Here's where it gets ugly. Not the week off, that was just brilliant with a ton of couch and wine time. What's the lesson? Never, I mean never trust a coach that tells you to take an entire week off. They will make you pay the price the next week as all of us learned this past week. The new schedule got posted late Sunday night for the upcoming week and that's when wine week officially turned into whine week. Bring.It.On.

Mon: 3700m Funny I just found out that the pool I swim in is 25m vs 25y so there we go. Drill upon drill that about took up the entire piece of paper I had it written on.

Tue: 23 miles with Power intervals. 1 mile run. I've decided that even though it's not on the schedule that I'm going to run at least a mile or two after the bike on tuesdays.

Wed: 3700m. On the schedule we're supposed to do 3800 but I can't get it in fast enough to stay within our time limit so I'm generally 100 short of the full workout currently

Thu: 10 mile run. Yep, 10 miles on the treadmill before work. I've pretty much told my teammates that my pasty white butt won't be at the Wed night swim when we've got this type of distance to get in before I go to work on Thu mornings. It kills me to get home at 10p Wed night and then be at the gym at 5a the next morning. I've had several wardrobe malfunctions to prove that I'm just not capable of doing it and functioning normally on Thu. Red Hot Chili Peppers Breaking the Girl on my IPOD for this. You won't break me training schedule!

Twisting and turning
Your feelings are burning
You're breaking the girl
She meant you no harm
Think you're so clever
But now you must sever
You're breaking the girl

Fri: 2400m. Nice! Again, drills not continuous.

Karen caught a little storm debris in her spoke. Nice stick, eh?

Sat: 50mile bike 2 mile run (Brick) - supposed to be 70 mile bike. Rode the silver comet with a few teammates which was a blast. The comet is the flatest ride I've ever had here in GA and is also all trail so no cars to deal with. Apparently the trail goes to Alabama but we didn't get that far. I did 50 instead of 70 since this was my first long ride since my major re-fit on my bike and my bad knee pain so I didn't want to get way out in the middle of nowhere and be in pain. Great news is that I had almost no pain, but the odd thing was that the original knee that was injured didn't hurt at all, it was my other knee that felt a little iffy. 2 mile run afterward was good, no pain. I'm ready to get back on current distance for the bike I think.

Sun: 35 mile bike. Back to back rides leads to a sore Holly undercarriage... Rode the comet again so it was a smooth ride.

That's it for this past week! Thanks for following along and donating to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I'm number 4 or 5 on funds raised for our team so THANK YOU for your generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment