Monday, August 1, 2011

Phew, Am I back in SE Asia?

My running path in Cyberjaya Malasia

I've been having flashbacks to working and running in Malaysia given the heat here in GA. Though I miss working in Malaysia and Singapore, I don't miss the heat and running in it. Can we be done with it please? On a HUGE note, our Ironman team has raised over $200,000 so far and we are well on our way to raising $250,000 for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

Go Team!

Lately I definitely haven't been pulling my weight on the fundraising side - I'm stuck at $6300 so if you were waiting for another blog post before donating, here you go! Seriously, thanks for any amount you're able to donate. 

I know I'm way behind on my blogging and weekly updates so I apologize for that. Between working full time, taking care of my family and training 12-14 or so hours a week I've been a bit strapped for time. I got my new bike recently - it's a Look 576 and it's absolutely beautiful. Thanks to Podium Multisports for getting me on a great fitting bike and putting up with my emails everyday asking when it would be coming in. 

Ricky Bobby

I have this weird thing where I have to name my bikes. I feel like it needs an identity - after all, we spend a lot of time together so why wouldn't I name it? So I'm pleased to introduce you to Ricky Bobby. Yes, I'm a huge Talladega Nights fan. What can I say, it cracks me up. I figure that when times get tough riding I can try to think about some ridiculous parts of that movie and crack myself up. Plus, it reminds me of running my Ragnar legs with Paige and having a great girls vacation in Key West afterward drinking wine, sailing and quoting the movie. 

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Shake and bake! 
Ricky Bobby: What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That just happened!


On to training. The last few weeks have been regular training weeks and then recovery week so last week was back to pushing ahead. Here we go:

Mon: 3500m. Off to a good start - long workout of drills but it went well. Got to the pool right at 5am to have enough time to get it all in.

Tue: 22 mile bike. Listened to music and jammed on the Trainer. Started to feel a little puny though, sore throat, stuffy nose.

Wed: 20 mile bike. Supposed to swim today but couldn't breathe through my nose. Opted for the bike again. 

Thu: Rested... Supposed to run 8 miles but took a nighttime allergy pill and just couldn't get up. Also sound like Stevie Nicks so probably best to rest vs. push it.

Fri: Rested... Same deal, still not feeling well but better. Supposed to swim 2850 but had taken another nighttime allergy pill and tried to sleep off the funk.

Sat: 78 hot, hilly miles on the bike at the Blazing Saddles Century. Had such a great time with my friend Paige. I had no idea how up and down the course was and it was about 100 degrees so I felt badly about pulling poor Paige into my crazy training for the day. She did awesome, such a rockstar!! 

Sun: 13.5 mile run, or should I say run/walk. Sooooo hot and such tired legs for my run. Tried to gear up with a little Common, Universal Mind Control. Such a great song to get going. I don't run outside with headphones so I have to get my music fix on the way out the door.

See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment