Sunday, July 10, 2011

Work That Body Girl, You Look Gooooood!


As I was running my 12.5 mile run this morning a random guy says, 'Work that body girl, you look goooood'. Just cracked me up - first it's like 7:30 in the morning, second, I'm so far from looking good at this point. My clothes were SOAKED from the humidity to the point that I had to keep yanking my shorts to keep them in place since they were sticking to my legs. I have to say though, it did make me smile for a few blocks. 

Mon: 6mile run. 4th of July! Went to the Peachtree Road Race to see some of my teammates run. I didn't get in to the race, it looks cool though. It's got about 60K runners and is an Atlanta tradition for the 4th. I volunteered last year and thought about getting in it this year but I generally don't like huge races like this, too many people, too much traffic. This one ends by my house though so I think I'm going to do it next year.

Tue: 22 mile bike - threshold ride. Good ride, feeling strong this week coming off of recovery.

Wed: 3500M swim with the team. Bit the bullet and went to the evening swim to be with the team. I love swimming with everybody so it was great to be there. For this kind of distance it's just so nice to swim in a 50M pool too. It's a pain to do 3500 in 25m that's for sure. There's a huge temp change between my normal pool and the team swimming pool. It's so much colder swimming with the team, I always end up getting a foot cramp of some sort right when I get in. Had a coconut water right after swim and some greek yogurt when I got home. Trying to fuel better so I can recover by the early AM run. Got home about 10:05pm from the swim and have to leave at 4:45a thursday AM

Thu: 5.5 mile run. Having some really strong workouts this week, really excited about that. This was a fairly short run so just had some water during. Was listening to Kesha Blow on the drive in. Cheesy I know but for some reason it got me jazzed up to get going after such a small amount of sleep:

This place about to blow
Blow
This place about to blow
Blow
This place about to blow
Blow
This place about to blow
Blow
This place about to-

Now what (What)
We're taking control
We get what we want
We do what you don't

Fri: 2700m swim. Tired but got it done. New suit seems to be better on the shoulder thankfully.

Sat: 70 mile Bike/2 Mile Run Brick. Coconut water, steel cut oats/granola/cranberries pre ride. Testing out EFS nutrition and did the electrolyte drink and the liquid shot during the ride. Felt really good the whole ride. I had a little cramping when I stopped but not riding so not a bad first test. This was obviously a long workout so I wouldn't say my stomach was perfect but it held up pretty well. Didn't eat or drink anything other than the EFS throughout the workout. A little spent for the run but it was blazing hot by then. 

Sun: 12.5 mile run. Got out around 6:40a to try to beat the heat. Ran from Midtown up Peachtree into Buckhead. Had a pretty good start out and ran into 2 of my teammates, Karen and Regina, running the opposite way. Stopped for a quick second and said hello, it was fun to see them out there. Pretty much ran the Peachtree Road Race course - up 6th to Peachtree and then straight up P'tree turned before Lenox and ran it back. Had to walk on some of the hills but ran Cardiac Hill on the way back. Saw Karen and Regina as I was running up it and that gave me a little boost. It's definitely a good workout running P'Tree. I usually run from our house around Piedmont, Monroe and the Park but this was better to just run a straight out and back vs. loops. I'm sure I'll be bored of it soon enough though. As you saw from my title and story, I had to laugh at the comment. I just said good morning to him after he said that and kept on runnin'. Never know where a response can get you some days so thought I'd tear off before he said something else. 

Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment