Sunday, March 13, 2011


I was setting my bike up on the Trainer for my Saturday ride and in typical mini me fashion, she had to have her bike set up too. It was very, very cute. She lasted about 5 minutes but it was a great 5 minutes no doubt.

My husband Brad is in full swing with tennis season so this week it has been really hard to get to the group training. Ended up that I did all of the workouts on my own this week since our schedules are just opposite right now (and through the end of April really). I sent our coaches an 'I'm still alive and on schedule though you're not seeing me much' email. This was still an intensity week so more speed work and distance. Here's what my schedule was:

Monday: 3000yards in the am. It was a looooooong swim needless to say. I definitely felt the time pressure of getting the workout done, getting ready at the gym and getting to work. I'm going to have to get to the gym at 5am from now on when we've got this distance. Usually I'm at the gym by 5:15 but I need that extra 15 minutes on these long days. Either that or go to work with my hair wet... Working 9+ hours after swimming 3000yards isn't fun just in case you were toying with the idea of it.

Tuesday: 6 mile Fartlek run. Warmup of 2 miles, 6 x 2' tempo pace 3' recovery jog, 3-min steady run, 4 x 1' hard pace 3' recovery jog, Cool down remainder of miles. Had a smuckers pb & j sandwich before this run and had a much better run than last week on the empty stomach. I should know this after running 5 marathons but for some reason I just forgot the importance of eating apparently.

Wednesday: 2500 yards on my own - missed the group training, boo!

Thursday: 22miles on the trainer. I liked this workout, lots of spinups followed by good steady state cadence times. My heart rate definitely got in the zone by the end.

Friday: 2400 yard swim. Lots of drills, but really spent time 'feeling the water' and trying to focus on keeping my elbow high and knocking off doing the s pull. Also working on bilateral breathing and the catch up drill so I glide a bit more. I must say, keeping my brain cooking on these things while I'm swimming definitely makes the time go faster.

Saturday: 55 miles -See picture above, haha! Couldn't make the group ride since brad had a tournament this weekend so I rode on the trainer in our family room. Watched the episode of Celebrity Apprentice I had dvr'd and real housewives of the OC. Followed it with a 20 minute run.

Sunday: Beautiful day here - 8 miles running around Piedmont Park and Midtown. Just absolutely gorgeous. Went to watch Brad's team play with Brooke around noon. His team did really well so we have a happy, yet tired, household. So not looking forward to getting up at the 'new' 4:45am - which lets face it, is really 3:45am - tomorrow morning.

Til next week! This upcoming week is a recovery week so the miles will be reduced, woohoo!! Thanks for the donations - please forward my page around to anyone you think would like to read about my training and/or make a donation to LLS. http://pages.teamintraining.org/ga/ironaz11/hiftner

No comments:

Post a Comment