Sunday, May 1, 2011

Head Games & an S on my Chest

The amazing Iron Nun, Sister Madonna Buder

This week is all about head games - remember the Foreigner song by that name?
Head games, it's you and me baby
Head games, and I can't take it anymore
Head games, I don't wanna play the...
Head games

It is the epitome of my week really. I hit a mental slump this week where I really didn't want to work out most days. It's interesting to me that people think that I just can't wait to work out every day and just love it all of the time when really, I've got to haul my lazy bones out of bed fighting the same mental battle of staying in bed or going to get it on at the gym just like everybody else. I won the get out of bed battle this week but had a pretty bad attitude with my workouts until Saturday when I was named the weekly spirit cape recipient for our team. Check out Saturday below for more on that. About 12 hours of training again.

Mon: 3000y. Main set was 12 x 50 swim descend 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 (:15),6 x 100 swim as 50 easy/50 moderate (:20), 3 x 200 swim moderate (:30), 1 x 600 swim, every 4th 25 fast, the rest swim moderate. Thank goodness I had this written down and remembered my paper. Never would've remembered all of it.

Tue:22 miles on spin bike. Again, probably not 'real' miles since I did the spin bike again so compensated with a 2mile run afterward.

Wed: 3100y with main set - Man oh man does it take a long time to do this when you're an average swimmer. I need to get faster just to get to work on time. This upcoming week I'll be at Group Swim again, it's time for us to sign our recommitment papers to continue training and fundraising so I'm going to have to put on my big girl pants and stay up late and swim (late being til 10pm).

Thu: 6 miles hill repeats and strides. Yuck. Hung in there with a little Snoop From the Church to the Palace, Fa shizzle dizzle!

Fri: 2400y. Thankfully this was a short swim, there was a swim meet at my club starting at 6:30a which I had no idea that was happening. Swam quickly to get the heck out of there.

Sat: 62mile ride, 3 mile run brick. I really didn't want to go this morning. Over and over in my head while I was driving I kept thinking about how much time I've missed with my family and I was tired and it was cool and I hadn't brought any warm riding gear - pretty much any reason I could think of to turn around. I kept looking at the clock thinking I would be late and they would ride without me so I should just go home - head games... I was about 10 miles away and one of my teammates passed me driving. At that point I knew I was going. No way I could turn back since she saw me, :-) Got to the ride and started unloading, still in a bad mood then we all came together for our quick meeting and I was honored with the team spirit cape this week. It's was such a surprise and really it couldn't have come at a better time mentally as I was feeling so down and then that happened and things just started to brighten up! Great ride and run after that. Weird thing was that I had an allergic reaction with my right eye sometime after training. I didn't notice it until I got home but I had a big fluid lump under my right eye and it was swollen. I iced it the rest of the afternoon and evening but it didn't go down much.

Sun: 6mile run. Was supposed to do an open water swim and 9mile run but I woke up and my eye was still swollen so definitely didn't want to put goggles on it and didn't want to make the swelling get worse by running so just settled on 6miles.

I'm looking forward to a fresh week and hopefully a more energized mental state. I got the Iron Nun Sister Madonna Buder's book, The Grace to Race' and am hoping it gives me some new inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment