Sunday, April 22, 2012

Training and Ingredients

It has been a great couple of weeks on the training front. I've had some really strong training days, with Tuesday of this past week being the best. It's been awhile since I've had a 2 hour training day and finally I got my butt out of bed early enough to get it done. Did an hour bike, 30 minute run and 30 minute lift, it was FABULOUS! Even though I'm not training for anything in particular right now, it's so nice to get a strong workout in for my mental state. I'm a better mom, wife, friend and worker when I have those days. It still amazes me that people don't work out purely for the emotional lift. Sure there are days I don't feel like getting up and working out but I know I'll feel so much better. I've been continuing to explore additional plant based recipes and snacks and really believe that the key to my strength has been my nutritional changes.

Banana Blueberry Bread
Steel Cut Oats with Rice Milk, Chia, Flax and Fruit
Tofu Scramble
Brown Rice Stir Fry


 This week was a big week for the team. We did a simulated race day swim in the 50meter pool by pulling out the lane lines and sinking some buoys. First they had to swim counter clockwise for 20 minutes, then clockwise for 5 minutes and then split into teams to do a relay race. As a Coach, it was really amazing to watch the team go through the spectrum of emotions from panic, tears, to strong swimming and much more confidence. We even moved the buoys during their swim so they had to continually sight as the buoy may have moved. I had a really nice surprise when Nan made me a CD. I had been posting a bunch of music on FB (Musiq Soulchild and some 80s stuff) and she sent me Anthony Hamilton on Itunes and then made me a CD. Love all of the new music, THANKS Nan!! Team's first race is coming up soon and I can't wait to watch them all shine!

Today I watched the Documentary, Ingredients:


Really another great movie that provides some insight into farming and our food supply. Seriously the best quote ever from the movie:

"You shouldn't be buying garlic shipped in holds of ships from thousands of miles away, between sex toys and flip flops."


--Carol Boutard in the film Ingredient

 I still get a lot of question about where I find the recipes I try. Here are a few of my online 'go to' spots.

Vegan recipe links:
Vegan Zombie

Happy Earth Day, I hope it was a super green day for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment