Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ironman 2013, Playlist and Getting More Greens

Big announcement a couple of weeks ago from Team in Training. Georgia will be doing the 2013 Coeur D'Alene Ironman. Immediately after the announcement, the emails started flying around about who from our 2011 IMAZ team would be joining again in 2013. I just so happen to be volunteering this year for IMCDA so I can cheer for my friend Paige, who will be racing this year. On one hand it seems a little bit like it's meant to be. I'm volunteering in 2012 for the race that is the 2013 choice, I'll be able to have first dibs on sign up the day after the race, preview the course, etc. On the other hand, training would start around September of this year and I'm just not sure that I'm ready to undertake that volume of training again. Maybe if it was IMAZ again and training started in 2013 vs. 2012 I would jump in a little easier. 

IronSherpa is not so pleased but is trying to still be supportive. When I talked to him in 2010 about signing up for 2011 IMAZ, he was on board but really, he had NO idea what his role would be for the 10 months of training and race day. I feel like I 'got away with it' once because he didn't fully understand the strain it would be for him too. His exact words to me upon entry into the 2013 Ironman negotiations were, "What happened to the girl who crossed the finish line and said I'm happy I did it once, but I'll never do it again?" Well, yep, he's got me there. I absolutely said that and absolutely meant it but I kind of feel like I have unfinished business out there. My stomach completely screwed my run up so I feel like I could've finished so much faster if I had gotten my nutrition right. Lots to think about. My next IM I really want to do both with the Team but also with one of my besties here in GA, Paige so there's a lot of figuring out to get this deal done. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out my stakeholder (IronSherpa) and my next move in the negotiation process.

Training has been just okay. I've had some pretty puny workouts as far as endurance. This past week I got in a couple of swims, bikes and runs but none felt super strong. My best workout was on Saturday with the team. Just 20 miles out at Cartersville but I got to ride with one of our newer members to the summer tri team and she was doing great. It was fun to see her get more confident with shifting, hills and drinking while riding. Yes, you do have to drink while the bike is moving, Joy! 

I've been messing with my playlist lately. I listen to music whenever I workout indoors (never outdoors) so I get bored with it pretty quickly. I had a blend this week of classic/80s rock, hip hop, I don't know, just about everything really. I'm strange with music, I admit it. Here's a taste (no particular order - I shuffle songs):

Paul Revere - Beastie Boys
Ah Leah - Donny Iris
Universal Mind Control - Common
When it's Over - Loverboy
Abacab - Genesis
On the Loose - Saga
Look at Me Now - Chris Brown - Lil' Wayne
My Philosophy - BDP
Lips Like Sugar - Echo and the Bunnymen
Strictly Business - EPMD
Bleed it Out - Linkin Park
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Electric Relaxation- Tribe Called Quest

On the vegan side, I've been trying to get away from the vegan cheeses and convenience foods. I looked at what I was eating and while yes, it was all vegan, it really didn't get me that many greens so I went back to the drawing board to try and make more things myself vs. buy the pre-made things. I also tried to get more greens in and really branch out. It's been a couple of months I think so I'm ready to explore.

Here are a few pictures from this week - Hummus

Panini!

Ezekiel Bread, Hummus, baby spinach, mushrooms and cilantro and the Panini is done!! 

Thanks for checking out my blog! Let me know any songs you think I'll like - always looking to add different music to my workouts! If you've got some great vegan recipes with lots of greens, please send those my way too.

1 comment: